Legal Notices and Trademarks
Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics Inc. ("Sony") maintains this site (the "Site") for your entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. If you are browsing this Site as a non-commercial consumer, you may download material displayed on the Site for your non-commercial, personal use only. If you are browsing this Site as an employee/agent/member of any business or organization, you may download material displayed on the Site only for non-commercial purposes within your business or organization. This permission is specifically conditioned on your retaining all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Additionally, you may not distribute or transmit (except, within your business or organization), modify, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Sony's written permission.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that all material on the Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site.
- Your use of the Site is at your risk. Sony makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and Sony specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. Neither Sony nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
- Features and specifications of products described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Non-metric weights and measures are approximate. All monitor screens are measured diagonally; all monitor screen images contained in this database are simulated pictures unless otherwise indicated.
- Sony assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Sony does not wish to receive any product, marketing, advertising or other ideas that are not covered by issued United States patents. If you send any communications or materials to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Sony or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Sony is free to use, without any compensation to you, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- Materials displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Sony. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statues.
- The Site refers to products and/or services that are generally available for purchase in the 48 continental United States and Alaska but may not be available in your particular country or locality. The reference to any such products or services in this Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular locality. You should therefore check with your local Sony authorized representative for specific product/service availability in your locality.
- Sony is not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from the Site. Your linking to any other site is entirely at your own risk. While Sony may provide links on this Site to other sites, the inclusion of such links is for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the owner/sponsor of the site or the content of the site. Sony disclaims all warranties, express and implied, as to the accuracy, validity, legality or otherwise of any materials or information contained on such sites.
- Although Sony may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site, Sony is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such communications nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity, or inaccuracy contained in any such communication. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Sony will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Sony to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- Sony may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Since your are bound by these Terms and conditions, you should therefore periodically visit this page, by clicking the Legal and Trademark hyperlink at the bottom of the Sony Web pages, to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New Jersey, United States of America, without reference to its conflicts of law rules.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") listed below are trademarks of Sony and/or its affiliates. Any other Trademarks used in the Site are trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right of use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Sony or such third party owner.
- 700 Series, Access Center, AccuPower, Accurate Image Restoration, Advanced Intelligent Tape, AIR, Air-Egg, AirTrac, Alcatraz, America's Digital Yearbook, ASC, ATA, At Your Service, Auto Access, AutoCenter and Size, Auto Clock, Automatic Music Sensor, AV Laser, BabyCall, Beta Hi Fi, Beta/Plex, Betacam, Betacam SP, Betacam SX, Betacart, Betamax, BetaScan, BetaSkipScan, Bitcorder, Bitstream, Boardwalk, BoxEdit, Cable Mouse, Carbonmirror, Cassette-corder, Catseye, CCD Iris, Cdit, CDit Pro, CD-ROM Discman, CD Text, Century Media, Channel Magic, Childloc, Chromalloy, Cinema 8, ClearScan, ClearScan 25, Color Pure Filter, Compact Series, Conductor, Confer-Corder, Converting The Industry Bit By Bit, Corporate Audio, CRVdisc, Custom File, Custom Index, Data Discman, DatStation, DD230, Defining The Digital Future, Desktop Library, Digital Dream, Digital Dream Kids, Digital Dynamic Convergence, Digital Link, Digital Message Shuttle, Digital Monitor Series, Digital Signal Transfer, Digital Sketch, Digital Sparkle, Digital Sync, Digital With Soul, Direct Access, Direct Digital Link, Direct Tuning, DiscJockey, Discman, Disc Memo, Disk B-Roll, Displays by Sony, DME Link, Donpisha, Double Feature, Dream Machine, Drive My Imagination, DSP Axis, DST, DT, DTF, dtv-Ready, dtv-Ready logo, Dual Adjust Head, Dual Axis, Dual Discrete, Dual Room Link Control, Duality, DVCam, D-WAVE, D-WAVE Cosm, D-WAVE Zuma, Dynalatitude, Dynamic Color, Dynamic Focus, Dynamic Picture, Dynamic Receiver, Easy Activation, ED Beta, Edit Monitor, Edit Search, EditStation, Evaticle, Elliptical Correction System, Enhanced Elliptical Correction System, Express Commander, Express Navigator, Express Support, Express Tuning, Extralloy, EZ Flip Commander, Farad, Flash Recording System, Flexicart, Flexys, Flying Erase, Fontopia, Forget to Set, For The Kids, Freq, Fulfil, Fun & Games, FunMail, Fyla, G Chassis, Get a Grip, Glasstron, Gold Plug, Graphic Picture Enhancement, Great Products Great People, Handshake design, Handycam, Handycam Pro, Handycam Vision, HDCAM, HDVS logo, Hi Band, Hi8, Hi8 Editor, High Density Linear, Hi-Packing, Home-Jet, Hyper HAD, Hyper Metal, ID Telephone, IDO, I-Link, ImageStation, Imagine That, Indextron, InfoLithium, Integrated System Commander, Intellitape, It's A Sony "S", Izziton, Jog Dial, JumboTron, JumboWall, LanBacker, LaserLink, Lasermax, Leading The Way, Learn From The Leaders, Library Management System, Light Sensor, Lightsensor, Life Just Got Better, Lumisponder, MacView, Maestro, Magic Link, Marine Pack, Matrix Sound, Matrix Surround, Mavica, Mavicard, Mavipak, Max TV, Maximum Television, MDP Muli Disc Player, MD Walkman, Media Forum, Mega Bass, Mega Storage, Mega Watchman, Memory Match Ringing, Messenger Card, Metal Master, Metal Select, Micro Beam, Microblack, MicroFocus, MiniDisc (logo), Mirrorblack, Missioncontrol, MUI, Multi Channel Access, Multi Disc Player, Multiscan, My First Sony, NanoOs, News, NewsCache, Nice, No One Can Duplicate Us, No Sweat Internet, Nothing Escapes Us, Ohm Page, Opus, Orchestra Seat, Outback, PacITman, Pan Focus, PC by Sony, PC Cam, Personal-Jet, Personal Technology Experience, PetaServe, PetaSite, PhatFree, PhatMan, PhatPig, Pictured!, Plasmatron, PlatinumPlus, PlayStation, Plug and Present, Portable Music icon, Power Cinema, Power HAD, Power Play, Power Window, Pressman, Pro Dat Plus, Pro-Optic, Program Palette, ProMavica, ProSound, Pyxis, Qbric, QG, Qic logo, Qic-ER, Quartet, Quick Start, Rapid Access, ReadyCharge, Ready-Focus, RealView, Remote Commander, RITE, Rocker, Rotary Commander, S-Cache Accelerated logo, S-Link, Scoopman, Select, Selfset, Series 7, Servo Stabilizer, Setup Log, Setup Navi, Shigei, Shot Box, Signal Seeker, Smooth Scan, Shoot! Store! Show!, SnapJack, SnapShot, SoftwarePlus, Solar Window, Sony, Sony (logo), Sony Dynamic Digital Sound, Sony-matic, Sony Module Express, Sony Plaza, Sony Signatures, Sony Style, Sony VAIO Direct (word & logo), Sony Wonder, So The Beat Goes On, Spec Pro, Special Cleaning Mechanism, Speedman logo, Sportspack, Spressa, Sprinter, Stamina, Station Memo, SteadyShot, Steady Sound, Storage by Sony, StoreManager, StorSolution, StorStation, Straptenna, Street Style, Super Bias, Super Bit Mapping, SuperBrix, Super Cleaning Mechanism, Super Fine Pitch, SuperBeta, SuperBeta Hi Fi, SuperBetamax, SuperBright, Super Head Cleaner, Supersite, SuperStation, SupportNet, SwivelScreen, Symphony, Synchro Edit, System Link, Tab Marker Indexing System, Tap Tunes, Tape Your Best Shot, TechPort, Tele Plus, Telepix, The Art Of The Image, The Image Studio, The Leader in Digital Technology, The Mini Remote, Thumb Scan, TrakCam, Trilogy, Trinicom logo, Trinitone, Trinitron, TruEye, Turbo, Twin Charge, Twin-View, U-matic, UniCommander, UniLink, Unimatch, Unimatic, UVWT, UX Turbo, V (word and logo), VAIO, VAIO Compo, VAIO Sphere, Vbox, Vdeck, Velocity Modulation, Video 8, Video Caddy, Videopress, Video Printpak, VideoScope, VideoStore, Video Walkman, Virtuoso, VisionTouch, Vivax, Voice Boost, Voice File, Walkman, WanBacker, WatchCorder, Watchman, WatchSensor, Wave Hawk, WebSPF, What's Next, What's Next Is Now, Where The Music Takes You, Workgroup, WorkStation, World Band Radio, World Band Receiver, Worry Free Recording, X tal Lock, XBR, XBR2, and Zoomeye are trademarks of Sony.
- AC-3, Dolby, Dolby Surround, HX Pro and Pro Logic are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
- ADAT is a trademark of Alesis Corporation.
- ArcSoft is a trademark of ArcSoft Inc.
- Adobe PhotoDeluxe is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Bank One is a trademark of Bank One Corporation.
- Blockbuster is a trademark of Blockbuster Entertainment Inc.
- Burr-Brown is a trademark of Burr-Brown Corporation.
- dbx is a trademark of Carillon Electronics Corporation.
- Ditto and Zip are trademarks of Iomega Corporation.
- DLP is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
- DSS, DIRECTV, Direct Ticket and It's Personalized TV are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc., a unit of GM Hughes Electronics
- IBM is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Light Source, Colortron Color System, Colortron, the Colortron logo and the Light Source logo are trademarks of Light Source, Inc.
- Mac, Macintosh, MacOS, and Powerbook are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.
- Microsoft, MS-DOS, Windows, Windows NT and the Windows 95 logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Mixman is a trademark of Interactive Music Corp.
- MMX is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
- Pagemill is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Pantone is a registered trademark of Pantone, Inc.
- Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
- PersonaLink is a trademark of AT&T.
- Photonet is a trademark of Picturevision, Inc.
- PhotoShop is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- PhotoStudio are trademarks of ArcSoft Inc.
- ProShare is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
- QuarkXPress is a trademark of Quark, Inc.
- Sorbothane is a trademark of Sorbothane, Inc.
- SRS is a trademark of SRS Labs, Inc.
- Starsight is a trademark of Starsight Telecast Inc.
- Tascam is a trademark of Tascam Corporation.
- Travan is a trademark of Imation Corp.
- UNIX is a trademark of Novell.
- USSB, USSB Entertainment Plus, and Experience Digital Entertainment are trademarks of United States Satellite Broadcasting Company, a subsidiary of Hubbard Broadcasting Company, L.P.
- VCR Plus+ is a trademark of Gemstar Development Corporation.
- WebTV, WebPIP, WebSite, Around Town and Explore are trademarks of WebTV Networks, Inc.
- Orchestra Seat sound effect is using BBE technology under license from BBE Sound Inc. The BBE symbol is a trademark of BBE Sound Inc.